Food Scientist Dan Kohler makes his very own Memphis BBQ sauce perfect for your next meaty dish.
Ingredients for BBQ Sauce
- Oil/Butter for frying
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 3 tbs Tomato Paste
- 2 tbs Yellow Mustard
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Cider Vinegar
- 15-oz can Tomato Puree
- A few shakes of Hot Sauce
- Salt to taste
Dan Kohler's BBQ Sauce - Home & Family
1) Fry onion and garlic in oil or butter.
2) Add black pepper, cumin, and cayenne. Fry for a few minutes until fragrant.
3) Add tomato paste and yellow mustard, fry until dark, ~2 minutes
4) Add brown sugar, and molasses, stir to combine and cook until melted.
5) Add vinegar, stir to combine.
6) Add tomato puree, hot sauce, and salt. Stir to combine and simmer until thickened
(about 35 minutes).
Get more information about this episode >>
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page