- 1 -1&1/2 pounds of brown (russet) (or frozen "steak" style french fries)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp of finely ground cumin
- 1 pound beef tenderloin (or equivalent)
- 2 red onions, sliced thinly into slivers
- 1 hot yellow pepper (or bell pepper if u can't take the heat ;), diced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (adjust for taste)
- 2-3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 red peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced into thin strips
- vegetable oil for frying potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Scrub or Peel / cut potatoes into 1/2 inch thick french fries, and place in ice water. Set aside.
- Cut beef into thin 1/2 inch strips (or preference). Mash garlic cloves. Heat vegetable oil in a skillet and sauté garlic with the cumin for 1 minute.
- Add beef and cook on medium high heat until browned on all sides but still pink in middle.
- Remove beef from heat and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add the onions and hot yellow pepper to the same pan and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until the onions are soft, adding a little more vegetable oil if needed.
- Add the vinegar, soy sauce, and red peppers and cook 2 to 3 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a separate pan, fry the potatoes in 1 to 2 inches of oil until golden (or bake at 450 for appx 20 mins). Drain on paper towels and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the beef to the pan with the onions and peppers. Add the tomatoes and heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the french fries to the stir-fry. Serve with rice.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.