- 1 -1&1/2 pounds of brown (russet) (or frozen "steak" style french fries)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp of finely ground cumin
- 1 pound beef tenderloin (or equivalent)
- 2 red onions, sliced thinly into slivers
- 1 hot yellow pepper (or bell pepper if u can't take the heat ;), diced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (adjust for taste)
- 2-3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 red peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced into thin strips
- vegetable oil for frying potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
Scrub or Peel / cut potatoes into 1/2 inch thick french fries, and place in ice water. Set aside.
Cut beef into thin 1/2 inch strips (or preference). Mash garlic cloves. Heat vegetable oil in a skillet and sauté garlic with the cumin for 1 minute.
Add beef and cook on medium high heat until browned on all sides but still pink in middle.
Remove beef from heat and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Add the onions and hot yellow pepper to the same pan and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until the onions are soft, adding a little more vegetable oil if needed.
Add the vinegar, soy sauce, and red peppers and cook 2 to 3 more minutes. Remove from heat.
In a separate pan, fry the potatoes in 1 to 2 inches of oil until golden (or bake at 450 for appx 20 mins). Drain on paper towels and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add the beef to the pan with the onions and peppers. Add the tomatoes and heat for 2 minutes.
Add the french fries to the stir-fry. Serve with rice.
Return to Episode Guide >>
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.