Ingredients for Dan Dan Mian
- 6 ounces 100% whole grain udon noodles (I used Eden Organic)
- 1-1/2 recipes “Asian Peanut Sauce”, see recipe below
- 1⁄2 cup all-natural, low-sodium chicken broth
- 12 ounces all-natural extra lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons freshly minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons peeled, minced fresh ginger root
- 2 teaspoons all-natural lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped whole green onions, divided
- Canola or avocado oil spray
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts
- Finely chopped fresh Thai green or red chilies, to taste (wear plastic gloves when handling), optional.
Ingredients for Asian Peanut Sauce
- 1 tablespoon all-natural lower sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili-infused extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt-free Szechwan seasoning
- 11⁄2 tablespoons all natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
Steps for Dan Dan Mian
1) Cook the noodles according to package directions.
2) In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the Asian Peanut Sauce and broth until well
combined. Set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, mix the turkey, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and 1⁄4 cup scallions until well combined.
3) Place a large non-stick wok or skillet over high heat. When hot, mist with spray and add the turkey mixture. Cook about 3 minutes, breaking the meat into small chunks, until lightly browned and cooked through. Add the peanut sauce mixture and cook until just hot, about 1 minute. Remove the mixture from the heat.
4) Divide the noodles among 4 bowls. Top each with 1⁄4 of the turkey and sauce mixture. Top each with 1⁄4 of the bean sprouts. Divide the remaining 1⁄4 cup green onions among them. Top with chilies, if desired. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings; 3 heaping cups noodles + 2-1/2 cups sauce. Each (scant cup noodles + 1⁄4 sauce) serving has: 345 calories, 32 g protein, 42 g carbohydrates (7 g sugar), 8 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 34 mg cholesterol, 6 g fiber, 428 mg sodium
Steps for Asian Peanut Sauce
In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce and sugar. Add the oil and seasoning and mix until combined. Whisk in the peanut butter until smooth. Add immediately to dish. Refrigerate in air tight container for up to 5 days.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page