Directions for Curry Coconut Tenders
1. Season. Season strips on both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper. Allow to rest on the counter at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
2. Dredge. On one plate add flour and a pinch of salt. In a bowl whisk together cayenne, curry powder, eggs, milk and a pinch of salt. On a separate plate add coconut, breadcrumbs and a pinch of salt. To dredge, first place the chicken tender in the flour and coat on all sides. Shake off excess flour and dunk in the egg mixture, remove and press all sides into the coconut mixture.
3. Fry. In a large pan with straight sides add enough oil to fill 2-inches deep. Heat oil to 360 degrees. Fry tenders in batches to keep oil temperature around 350 degrees. Flip once during cooking if needed and remove when golden and cooked through, about 6 minutes per batch.
Directions for Salad
1. Begin salad. Toss strawberry slices, arugula, cheese crumbles, and nuts in a large serving bowl.
2. Make the vinaigrette. In a medium bowl vigorously whisk together all ingredients in order allowing time between additions to completely blend and dissolve. When adding the olive oil, be sure to add slowly in a thin stream while still whisking. Taste and season with a pinch of salt, if needed, and a grind or two of pepper. Pour over salad and toss.
CHeck out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page