Joshua Luce is making the perfect ham and cheese sandwich!
Ingredients for the sandwich
- ciabatta bread
- 2 tbl butter
- 4 sliced smoked ham (for each sandwich)
- 2 cups grated gruyere cheese
Ingredients for the sauce
- 1 cip mayo
- 2 tbl grain mustard
- 1 tbl dijon
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
Ingredients to finish
- 3 caper berries (per sandwich)
- 5 cornichon ( per sandwich)
- black peppercorn
- red frill mustard
Croque Monsieur - Home & Family
1. Start by slicing ciabatta into two sides.
2. Brush both sides with room temperature butter and season with black pepper.
3. Layer pieces of ham and scatter with grated gruyere cheese.
4. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until melted and toasted all the way through (about 10 minutes).
5. To plate: cut the sandwich into pieces and arrange on a plate.
6. Place the sauce around the sandwich with a squeeze bottle.
7. Garnish with caper berry, cornichon, frill mustard, and black peppercorn and serve while warm.