1. Start by slicing ciabatta into two sides.
2. Brush both sides with room temperature butter and season with black pepper.
3. Layer pieces of ham and scatter with grated gruyere cheese.
4. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until melted and toasted all the way through (about 10 minutes).
5. To plate: cut the sandwich into pieces and arrange on a plate.
6. Place the sauce around the sandwich with a squeeze bottle.
7. Garnish with caper berry, cornichon, frill mustard, and black peppercorn and serve while warm.