- Kosher salt
- 1¾ lb. (6-7 cups) cauliflower florets (from 1 medium head)
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 2 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup roasted and salted almonds, finely chopped
- ¼ cup jarred roasted red peppers, rinsed, seeded, and finely diced
- 2 ½ Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs. fresh mint, chopped
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
You can make the soup up to 4 hours ahead and the relish up to 1 hour ahead.
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil in a 4-quart pot over high heat. Add 1 tsp. salt, add the cauliflower, and boil until very tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drain in a colander set over a large bowl to catch the cooking liquid and let the cauliflower cool slightly.
- Put cauliflower in oven to caramelize. Roast at 400 degrees F with 1 Tbs. olive oil drizzled over it for about 20 minutes.
- Working in two batches, puree each batch of cauliflower with 2 cups of the cooking liquid, 2 Tbs. of the butter, and 2 Tbs. of the olive oil in a blender until very smooth. Season to taste with salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the almonds, peppers, oil, mint, garlic, and pepper flakes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve, gently reheat the soup over medium-low heat. Garnish each serving with a spoonful of the relish.
- Drizzle 1 to 2 tsp. of olive oil over each bowl.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.