- 6-8 Figs -halved through stem
- 6 oz goat cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese or mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup half n half
- 1-2 thyme stems picked
- 8-10 pieces prosciutto
- 3 cups arugula
- balsamic glaze
- finishing oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup roasted, salted pistachios - chopped
- Half a lemon
Make whipped goat cheese mix:
1. Whip goat cheese, mascarpone or cream cheese and thyme with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer. Gradually add half n half until incorporated and light and fluffy.
2. Season to taste.
3. Place in a Pastry bag or ziplock bag and place in the fridge while you prep and grill the figs.
4. Slice figs in half and place on a baking sheet.
5. Spray with oil spray and lightly season.
6. Get grill pan hot and grill figs for approx 3-4 minutes until softened and you have desired grill marks.
7. Remove and let cool until you can handle them.
8. Take goat cheese mixture and pipe a small amount in center of the fig.
9. Pull apart one piece of prosciutto in half and wrap it around the fig.
10. Take a large bowl and place arugula in it. Squeeze lemon on arugula and season. Take a large white plate or platter and place arugula on it. Top with figs.
11. Drizzle balsamic glaze and finishing oil. Top with toasted nuts.
- Slice figs and place on baking sheet
- Spray with oil and lightly season with salt and pepper
- Place on hot grill pan (3-4 mins) until softened and have desired grill marks
- Remove and cool
- Goat cheese mixture: snip hole in bag and pipe small amount on flat surface of fig (or roast figs whole for about 10 minutes, cut a hole at the stem and fill fig with cheese mixture)
- Seperate prosciutto into thin strips and wrap around fig
Directions for Arugula and Pistachios:
- Put arugula in a large bowl
- Squeeze lemon and season with kosher salt - toss
- Arrange arugula on a platter
- Toast pistachios on stove top or in oven but watch carefully, they burn
- Arrange stuffed, wrapped figs on the tossed arugula
- Sprinkle toasted pistachios on salad
- Drizzle with a balsamic glaze and extra virgin olive oil Enjoy!
Click here to get your copy of Cristina Ferrare's cookbook, "Big Bowl of Love." Get additional recipes from Cristina at cristinaferrarecooks.com.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.