Ingredients for Crispy Flounder
- 4-5oz Flounder Filets
- 1 cup Cornstarch
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- 2 tbsp Kosher Salt
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
Ingredients for Swiss Chard
- 1 bunch Rainbow Chard (stems stripped from leaves, reserved and sliced)
- 2 each shallot sliced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
Ingredients for Grits
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Stone Ground Grits
- 1 cup Goat Cheese
- 2e lemon Zest & Juice
- 6 sprig Thyme chopped
- 1 tbsp Salt
Ingredients for Apricot Glaze
- 4 each ripe apricots (or other sweet stone fruit) medium chopped
- 1 each shallot sliced
- 4 each garlic clove sliced
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
Directions for Flounder
1. Mix Cornmeal and cornstarch in a shallow bowl, and dredge the filets. Allow them to sit for a couple minutes to take on the cornstarch mixture.
2. In Sautee Pan, pan sear the flounder in ¼ cup of Vegetable oil until golden brown, then flip and do the same on the other side
Directions for Swiss Chard
1. In medium sautee pan, start by sauteeing shallots in olive oil for a minute, add the rainbow chard stems and cook for another minutes.
2. Add the leaves and deglaze with wine for about 30 seconds.
3. Finish with butter and salt.
Directions for Grits
1. For Grits, Add all ingredients except for grits and cheese to a medium sauce pot and bring to a boil.
2. Stir in grits and allow to thicken.
3. Add goat cheese after grits have boiled for about 10 minutes and grits are no longer al dente. Season with salt as needed. Adjust with additional liquid if looser grits are desired.
1. ¼ cup Assorted micro herbs or petite herb salad.
2. In small sauce pot, Sautee shallots and garlic for about 3 minutes, then add stone fruit.
3. Cook for another minute before adding all remaining ingredients and allow to slowly simmer until a glaze consistency is formed.
1. Place 5-6 oz of grits in bottom of a large shallow bowl.
2. Top with 2-4 oz of swiss chard.
3. Top with crispy flounder, then spoon glaze over fish.
4. Top with micro herb salad.