Recipe by Dan Kohler, 1/27/2020
Yield: 1 10-inch cast iron skillet
1. Preheat to 350°. Heat a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil, then add artichoke hearts and cook until browned and all liquid has evaporated, 5-7 minutes.
2. While the artichoke hearts are browning, prepare the eggs.
3. Whisk eggs with creme fraiche and harissa until well-mixed. Season with salt and pepper (a good place to start with the salt is 1 ½ teaspoons Kosher Salt).
4. Add the minced chives and crumbled feta to the eggs, stir to distribute.
5. Lower heat to medium-low. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet. Pour the egg mixture over the artichokes, shaking the pan to evenly distribute mixture. Cook the frittata, without stirring, until its edges begin to set, about 1-2 minutes.
6. Sprinkle shredded fontina over the top of the frittata and transfer skillet to oven. Bake frittata until golden brown and center is just set, 18-24 minutes (begin checking it at 12 minutes).