- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 T butter
- 3/4 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 T tahini paste
- 3 T white sweet miso paste
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1.5 cup crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a stand mixer cream the butter together with the sugars. Next add in the egg and the vanilla Continue beating until creamy and smooth. Add in the tahini, miso paste, and soy sauce and beat an additional minute.
4. Add in the dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated. Mix in the sesame seeds, pine nuts, pretzels, and chocolate chips, and continue mix another few sections until blended.
5. Form 6 large cookies on baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden yet still soft. Let cool and devour!