- 1/2 cup toasted California Walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice (juice from 2 oranges)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Zest from 1 orange
1. To toast walnuts: Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees. Place walnuts on a baking sheet and toast for 8 minutes. Remove from heat and chop coarsely.
2. Add cranberries, orange juice, maple syrup, ginger and orange zest to a medium sauce pan.
3. On medium heat, bring to a boil and stir frequently for 12-15 minutes until the cranberries pop and the liquid starts to reduce.
4. Serve warm or transfer to container and refrigerate once cooled.