- 2 pounds medium/large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails left on
- 3 extra-large, red King Crab legs
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 lemon, freshly squeezed
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 cubes cold butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 large fresh tomato, cubed
1) Prep the cleaned shrimp and crab with sea salt and pepper to taste.
2) Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add enough olive oil to lightly coat the pan.
3) Once the pan oil is heated add the shrimp and crab, quickly sautee until both just start to turn pink. Be careful not to cook completely. Remove crab and shrimp from the pan.
4) Add the onions, sautéing until they’re soft, then mix in the garlic and tomato’s; cook for 30 to 45 seconds.
5) Slowly add in the lemon juice and white wine, allowing this to reduce by 2/3, approximately 5 minutes.
6) Add the cubed butter until it to melts into the other ingredients.
7) Slowly add a little heavy cream at the very end and whisk in until the sauce all comes together.
8) Add the shrimp and crab back in and sauteing until fully cooked.
9) Finish by sprinkling in fresh parsley. Serve alone or with your favorite rice or pasta.
Return to the Episode Guide >>
For more delicious recipes go to the Home & Family Pinterest Page
Looking to buy King Crab (particularly live ones) visit CrabFactory.com