- 2 Egg Whites
- ⅛ tsp Cream of Tartar
- 120 grams Powdered Sugar (1 cup + 1 tablespoon)
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Paste
- 200 grams Almond Meal, ~2 cups
- ¼ tsp Almond Extract
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- Pinch Salt
1. Heat oven to 300˚ and put oven rack on lowest rung of oven. Prepare two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Beat egg whites until foamy, add cream of tartar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
3. Sift in powdered sugar while continuing to beat until well combined. Add vanilla paste and beat until distributed. Remove ¼ cup egg white mixture and set aside to be used as glaze later.
4. Add almond meal, almond extract, cinnamon, and salt to mixing bowl, then beat until the dough comes together, it will be sticky. If it’s too sticky, add more nuts and powdered sugar.
5. Sprinkle counter surface with nut meal and roll dough to a thickness of ⅓ inch.
6. Cut out 2-inch stars and transfer to parchment lined cookie sheet. Form scraps of dough into ball, re-roll, and re-cut.
7. Use pastry brush to brush reserved egg white mixture onto cookies in thin layer.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes, the glaze should be barely browned. Let cookies cool completely.