- 16 oz [455g] dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1¼ cups [300 ml] sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups [240 g] toasted walnuts coarsely chopped
- 3 cups [150g] mini marshmallows
- Flaky sea salt for sprinkling
- Turbinado sugar for sprinkling
1. Grease an 8 by 8 by 2 inch (20 by 20-5-cm) pan with non-stick cooking spray or softened butter. Line with parchment paper.
2. Put the chocolate in a large heat proof bowl and set over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir constantly with a rubber spatula until the chocolate melts. Add the salt sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. The chocolate may seize up temporarily. Over medium to medium high heat continue stirring until the mixture is smooth. Once smooth, stir for about 1 minute more and remove from heat.
3. Add the marshmallows and walnut and stir with a wooden spoon until they are fully incorporated (the marshmallows will not melt). Transfer the fudge to the prepared pan, drape with plastic, and flatten with your hands. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and turbinado sugar.
4. Place in the refrigerator until hard, about 2 hours. Using a sharp paring knife, cut into 36 pieces and serve. Fudge will keep tightly wrapped on the counter for up to 1 week.
Get more from Jessie at JessieSheehanbakes.com