- 4 eggs
- 1 cup softened butter
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- One 16 oz bag marshmallows
Ingredients for Icing (cooked on a stovepop)
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 5 tablespoons butter
- One box powdered sugar (4 cups)
- Half cup evaporated milk
- Add vanilla at end -2-3 teaspoons
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
2. Grease flour 9x13 pan.
3. In mixer, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time mixing well with each addition. Add vanilla and mix.
4. In separate bowl mix flour and cocoa together and add to egg mixture and mix well. Add nuts.
5. Bake for approximately 30-35 minutes-until toothpick comes out clean! Don’t overcook!
6. While cake it still hot immediately pour bag of marshmallows on top.
7. Then prepare icing.
8. On stovetop, melt butter and add sugar, vanilla and cocoa and evaporated milk. Immediately pour over marshmallow covered cake and spread evenly. The marshmallows with continue to melt. Enjoy!