- 8 Granny Smith apples, diced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, reserved
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, reserved
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons butter, reserved
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- whipped cream for garnish
- chocolate caramel sauce for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 8x8 dish and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon.
3. In another small bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon, and nutmeg. Toss with apples.
4. In a medium size pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Sauté apples until tender.
5. Warm tortillas slightly. Fill each tortilla with sautéed apples. Roll up each tortilla and place seam side down.
6. Melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter. Using a pastry brush, brush butter all over the tops of taquitos. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
1. bake for 5-10 minutes.
2. Serve with whipped cream and chocolate caramel sauce.