Ingredients for Chocolate Bread Pudding
- 2 loaves brioche or soft white bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup roughly chopped 61% chocolate
- 1 cup chocolate sauce
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- Whipped cream
Directions for Chocolate Bread Pudding
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Heat heavy cream and milk in 1 6 qt saucepan over medium low heat
3. While the cream is heating, whisk together the eggs, sugar, cocoa powder vanilla extract and salt.
4. When the cream simmers, remove from heat and very slowly stream into the egg mixture and whisk continuously.
5. Chill chocolate cream over an ice bath.
6. When the custard is cooled, pour over the prepared brioche squares.
7. Using your hands, thoroughly combine brioche and custard.
8. Spray a 9x5” loaf pan with non-stick baking spray.
9. Fill the pan halfway with bread pudding batter.
10. Sprinkle the chopped chocolate over the surface.
11. Fill pan to the top with remaining batter.
12. Pour ½ cup chocolate sauce and ½ cup caramel sauce over the top of the pudding and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the top is puffy and golden.
13. Serve warm with chocolate and caramel sauces. Finish with whipped cream.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page