Debbie Matenopoulos teams up with Rick Fox to make the ultimate chicken burger.
- 1 1⁄2 pounds round chicken (blend of white and dark meat)
- 1 4-ounce can chopped green chilis
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup panko
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Sargento 4-Cheese Southwest Blend Slices (1 slice per burger)
- Sliced tomato
- Fresh lettuce
- Chipotle Mayo (recipe follows)
- Cooked chicken burgers
CHIPOTLE MAYO (1 1/4 CUPS)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chilis in adobo
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together, chill until ready to use.
Chili Chicken Burger - Home & Family
- Mix together all ingredients for chicken patties (either by hand, or pulsed in a food processor). Shape into 4 patties of equal size and refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to 350 ̊-400 ̊ (medium-high). Cook burgers 4-5 minutes on one side, then flip and continue cooking until desired doneness is reached (165 ̊ measured on a thermometer to be safe).
- Add cheese slice to burger patty, and allow it to melt (depending on how hot your grill is, you might need to lower the lid to make this happen quickly).
- Remove burgers from grill to rest.
- Assemble the burger in this order: bottom bun, chipotle mayo (recipe follows), lettuce, patty+cheese, tomato, chipotle mayo, top bun.