1. Heat oil in a large heavy bottom pan.
2. Add Bay leaf & Cinnamon to give aroma, then add Cumin to sizzle.
3. Now add minced Ginger, Garlic, Serrano chilies & saute until cooked & oil separates.
4. Add Onions & salt, saute well till golden brown.
5. When ready, add Turmeric powder followed by Cumin, Coriander & Chili powder. Mix & cook.
6. Add diced tomatoes, cook till they break down & water evaporates.
7. Use hand held immersion blender & blend half of this mixture, mix well.
8. Add can of Chick Peas along with liquid in the can.
9. Add Fenugreek, Chat Masala, Salt & Water.
10. Turn on the heat & bring to a boil, allow to cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
11. Adjust heat to a rolling boil & allow to cook for about 10 - 15 mins.
12. While this all is happening, crush some chick peas to make it of thick consistency.
13. Take off the heat & allow to cool, store & use as required.
14. To serve heat as required, add fresh chopped tomatoes, sliced cilantro stems & garnish with cilantro leaves.