Ingredients for Sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Teaspoon siracha sauce (or to taste)
Ingredients for Rice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup broccoli florets, halved
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 cup fresh (or frozen) snap peas, stems removed
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, cold
- 1 egg, beaten , 3 scallions, sliced on the bias
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
1. Whisk all of the sauce ingredients together in a bowl, set aside.
2. In a large wok or sauté pan heat 1 tablespoon of the canola oil. Swirl the pan until the oil slides easily and just starts to smoke.
3. Add in the chicken pieces and sauté until just cooked, remove the chicken to a plate.
4. Add the remaining oil, then the broccoli and carrot.
5. Cook the vegetables quickly until almost tender (3-5 minutes). Stir in the snap peas, garlic and 1 tablespoon of the ginger, cook until you can smell the garlic (30 seconds).
6. Add in cooked chicken. Add the chilled rice and mix everything together.
7. Once the rice has warmed push everything to the sides of the pan and add the egg, using a spatula quickly scramble (be careful not to scorch the egg!).
8. Pour in the sauce and stir to combine, taste for seasoning. Garnish with scallions and black sesame seeds and the remaining ginger.