Get this flavorful "kitchen sink" recipe from Sunny Anderson!
Ingredients for the Chorizo Hash:
- 8 ounces Mexican chorizo
- 1 small green plantain, peeled and diced
- 4 to 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 scallion
- 1 tablespoon of chopped pickled jalapenos
- Half a rotisserie chicken, skin removed, meat shredded or chopped
- Splash of salt & pepper
Ingredients for the Gravy:
- 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ cups of orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- Chopped, fresh flat-leaf or curly parsley, for garnish
Directions for the Chorizo Hash:
- Remove the casing from the chorizo and put in a larg pan over medium heat
- Vigorously break up the sausage into little bits with a potato masher
- Add a plantain
- Sprinkle salt and pepper
- Toss to coat everything in the fat and allow to cook without stirring
- Cook for 15 minutes until plantains are caramelized and tender
- Add thyme, garlic, scallion and jalapenos. Toss to coat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and stir to coat.
Directions for the Gravy:
- Sprinkle flour over the top of the hash and stir
- Cook hash for a few more minutes to remove flour taste
- Add worcestershire sauce and orange juice
- Stir until juices thicken
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream
- Garnish with parsley, and serve!
Sunny’s Chicken Chorizo Hash
Get more from Sunny Anderson at SunnyAnderson.com Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.