Get this flavorful "kitchen sink" recipe from Sunny Anderson!
- 8 ounces Mexican chorizo
- 1 small green plantain, peeled and diced
- 4 to 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 scallion
- 1 tablespoon of chopped pickled jalapenos
- Half a rotisserie chicken, skin removed, meat shredded or chopped
- Splash of salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ cups of orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- Chopped, fresh flat-leaf or curly parsley, for garnish
Directions for the Chorizo Hash:
Remove the casing from the chorizo and put in a larg pan over medium heat
Vigorously break up the sausage into little bits with a potato masher
Add a plantain
Sprinkle salt and pepper
Toss to coat everything in the fat and allow to cook without stirring
Cook for 15 minutes until plantains are caramelized and tender
Add thyme, garlic, scallion and jalapenos. Toss to coat and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the chicken and stir to coat.
Directions for the Gravy:
Sprinkle flour over the top of the hash and stir
Cook hash for a few more minutes to remove flour taste
Add worcestershire sauce and orange juice
Stir until juices thicken
Remove from heat and stir in sour cream
Garnish with parsley, and serve!
Return to Episode Guide >>
Get more from Sunny Anderson at SunnyAnderson.com
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.