- 1 stick of butter, frozen
- 3 tbls of butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups of pitted cherries, halved
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
1) Heat oven to 425 and line baking sheet with parchment.
2) Spread cherries into a single layer and place in freezer.
3) Squeeze lemon into milk and let stand to thicken.
4) Zest the lemon rind to get 1 tsp, set aside.
5) Grate stick of butter on box grater, place grated butter in freezer.
6) Whisk together flour, sugars, baking powder, salt, baking soda and reserved lemon zest.
7) Add frozen grated butter and toss with your ringers until well combined.
8) Add thickened milk and mix with a spoon until it just comes together into a dough.
9) Put dough on floured surface and knead half a dozen times. Roll into a 12" square. Fold square into thirds and into thirds again to create a square, wrap and put in freezer for 5 minutes.
11) Roll out into another 12" square, spread frozen cherries over surface and pat slightly into dough. Starting at the edge closest to you roll the dough slowly into a log with the cherries on the inside. Pat into a rectangular shape with the seam down making sure there are no cherries falling out of the ends. Cut the rectangular log into 4 squares and then cut each square diagonally into triangles.
12) Transfer to parchment lined baking sheet, brush with melted butter and sprinkle each with a little sugar.
13) Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until slightly golden.
Get more information about this episode >>
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page