Curried Parsnips | Lime Charred Cream Corn | Pecorino Cheese
Yields 4-6 portions
TO MAKE AGNOLOTTI:
PASTA DOUGH DIRECTIONS
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl using the pasta well method
2. Place dough in ziplock bag and refrigerate for one hour
3. Remove dough and roll out pasta sheets, sprinkling with semolina flour until desired thickness (about a "1" if you're using a pasta machine)
PASTA FILLING DIRECTIONS
1. Cut pork into chunks
2. Rub pork butt in BJLA BBQ Spice Rub
3. Low smoke for 3 hours (or bake 300 degrees for 3 hours)
4. Remove from oven, pull apart meat with 2 forks
5. Season with a dash of your favorite BBQ mix
6. Mix pork with ricotta cheese
7. With your rolled out pasta sheets, use basic agnolotti filling method as follows (mix will be slightly chunkier than traditional agnolotti filling):
8. Brush the bottom 3rd of pasta sheet with egg wash
9. Then scoop small dollops of filling in a straight line, horizontally, about 1” apart
10. Fold over the pasta sheet
11. Press your finger in between each lump to make an indentation
12. Cut the length of the pasta sheet to separate the filed pasta from the rest of the sheet
13. Then cut and separate each individual lump of pork-filled pasta
14. Crimp each one neatly to form a small pocket
15. Rest on a sheet tray, on top of more semolina flour
TO MAKE TOPPING & SAUCE:
• Cut parsnips into oblique
• Toss in salt, pepper & curry powder, with enough olive oil to lightly coat
• Roast in oven at 350 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes, until tender and lightly caramelized. Set aside.
LIME CREAM CORN DIRECTIONS
• Char 1 ear of corn over an open flame stove or grill, or roast in oven until dark brown
• Remove kernels, and place in pan with remaining corn, cream, wine, salt and pepper
• Bake in oven uncovered for 20 -30 minutes at 350, until it reduces and caramelizes
• Remove from oven, add lime zest and juice. Stir in and allow to cool.
• In a fry pan, place chopped garlic, shallot, & a sprinkle of chili flakes in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Start to sweat ingredients on medium to high heat. Once translucent, add 1/4 cup of white wine and let reduce.
• While this is all happening - add your stuffed pasta to salted boiling water.
• After the wine starts to reduce, add about 4 tablespoons of your cream corn mixture to the fry pan. Then, add the boiled stuffed pasta and toss all together. If mix is too thick add some pasta water to loosen.
• Right before you plate - throw in a handful of chopped parsley and one pat of cold unsalted butter.
• Taste, adjust seasoning as needed.
• Plate in pasta bowl.
• Top with warm curried parsnips & grated pecorino.