Author of "Eat What You Love: Restaurant Favorites," Marlene Koch is making this chicken dish that is packed with flavor!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- Black pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 8 teaspoons real bacon bits
- ¼ cup sliced green onions tops
Cheesy Bacon Chicken with Honey Mustard Dressing - Home & Family
- Gently pound the chicken breasts to between ½- to ¼-inch thickness. For the honey mustard, in a small bowl, whisk together the next 4 ingredients (mustard through vinegar). Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add mushrooms and cook for 8 minutes, or until browned and tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray and turn heat to medium-high. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes, or until underside is golden brown. Turn, and top each breast with ¼ cup mushrooms. Add pepper to taste, and sprinkle each breast with 3 tablespoons cheese and 2 teaspoons bacon. Add 2 tablespoons water to pan and immediately cover. Cook for 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through.
- To serve, top each breast with 1 tablespoon green onions and drizzle with a tablespoon of the honey-mustard sauce.