Ingredients for Soup
- 8 cups chicken stock or veg stock
- 6 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 2 leeks (white part only), thoroughly washed and sliced
- 2 leeks chopped and charred in oven or on the grill (white part only)
- 1 white onion chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and Freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Ingredients for Garlic Croutons
- 1 cup diced bread
- 3 tablespoons E.V.O.O
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 clove minced garlic
- finely chopped parsley and tarragon
- salt and pepper
Directions for Soup
1. In your soup pot bring 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to medium heat.
2. Sweat onions and all leeks. Season with a heavy hand of salt and a little pepper.
3. Deglaze with white wine and cook for about 2 minutes until alcohol is cooked out of the wine.
4. Add your potatoes, thyme and bay leaf and cook for another 5 min.
5. Add your stock, nutritional yeast and cream and cook for 3 hours at a simmer.
6. Remove bay leaf and blend all ingredients together in a high-speed blender.
7. While blending add the butter, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt & pepper to the soup.
8. Blend until smooth and serve hot with garnish!
Directions for Garlic Croutons
1. Toss all ingredients together and bake on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees or until golden brown.
2. Let cool for 20 minutes and serve
Chopped Chives and Garlic Croutons