Alex Thomopoulos joins Home & Family to cook up a light salmon dish perfect for summer time!
- Untreated Cedar plank
- 1 (2 ½ pound) Center cut salmon fillet with skin on
- 2 Tablespoons fresh Ginger, minced or grated on microplane
- 2 Tablespoons grainy Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 2 Tablespoons Maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons gluten free Tamari (you can also use soy sauce)
- 1 Fresno chili, sliced paper thin
- 1 Cup wild arugula
- Lime and olive oil
- 1 Scallion, sliced thin on a diagonal
Soak cedar plank in water for an hour, keeping it submerged the whole time.
Turn grill on over medium hot heat.
Stir together mustard, maple syrup, ginger, tamari, oil, pinch of salt and lots of cracked pepper.
Spread mixture on flesh side of the salmon and let it stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Put salmon on plank, skin side down. Grill, covered, until salmon is just cooked through and edges are browned. (about 13-15 minutes.)
Remove the salmon and let the salmon sit on plank 5 minutes before serving.
While salmon is resting mix Fresno chili, arugula, juice of ½ lime, 1 tablespoon olive oil, pinch of salt, cracked pepper and scallion in a bowl. Scatter on top of the salmon for garnish.
Return to Episode Guide >>
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.