Ingredients for the Salmon:
- Untreated Cedar plank
- 1 (2 ½ pound) Center cut salmon fillet with skin on
- 2 Tablespoons fresh Ginger, minced or grated on microplane
- 2 Tablespoons grainy Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 2 Tablespoons Maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons gluten free Tamari (you can also use soy sauce)
Ingredients for the Garnish:
- 1 Fresno chili, sliced paper thin
- 1 Cup wild arugula
- Lime and olive oil
- 1 Scallion, sliced thin on a diagonal
- Soak cedar plank in water for an hour, keeping it submerged the whole time.
- Turn grill on over medium hot heat.
- Stir together mustard, maple syrup, ginger, tamari, oil, pinch of salt and lots of cracked pepper.
- Spread mixture on flesh side of the salmon and let it stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Put salmon on plank, skin side down. Grill, covered, until salmon is just cooked through and edges are browned. (about 13-15 minutes.)
- Remove the salmon and let the salmon sit on plank 5 minutes before serving.
- While salmon is resting mix Fresno chili, arugula, juice of ½ lime, 1 tablespoon olive oil, pinch of salt, cracked pepper and scallion in a bowl. Scatter on top of the salmon for garnish.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.