A recipe right out of Taste of Home Magazine.
Ingredients for Carrot Cake
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded carrots (about 6 medium carrots)
Ingredients for Frosting
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line bottoms of two greased 9-in. round baking pans with parchment paper; grease paper.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pineapple. In another bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in carrots.
- Transfer batter to prepared pans. Bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; remove paper. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in pecans.
- Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Refrigerate until serving.
Yield: 16 servings.
Carrot Cake with Pecan Frosting - Home & Family
Get more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page
Check out cooking tips, recipes and more at TasteofHome.com