Ingredients for Carrot Cake
- 4 Cups Shredded Carrots
- 2 ½ Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 ¼ Cups Olive oil
- 5 each Large eggs
- 2 ¾ Cups All purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cloves
Ingredients for Mascarpone Mousse
- 3 each Gelatin sheets, silver
- 1 ¾ Cup Heavy cream, cold
- 2 Cups Mascarpone cheese
- 4 each Egg yolks
- 1/3 Cup Granulated sugar
Directions for Carrot Cake
1. Combine all dry and sift.
2. In a separate bowl combine all wet.
3. Slowly add wet to dry.
4. Incorporate ingredients fully and do not over mix.
5. Add carrots. Mix to combine.
6. Pour into a greased and lined with parchment loaf pan. Fill 2/3 full.
7. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40-60 minutes or until done. Check doneness with a toothpick inserted in the center, when it comes out clean.
8. Take out of oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
Directions for Mascarpone Mousse
1. Bloom gelatin sheets in ice water for ten minutes. Remove from water and set aside.
2. Whip heavy cream to soft peak and keep cold in the refrigerator.
3. In a saucepan, combine mascarpone cheese, egg yolks, and sugar. Cook on medium heat, while stirring until mixture coats the back of a spoon.
4. Remove Mascarpone mixture from heat, add bloomed gelatin. Stir to combine. Ice bath mixture to cool to room temperature.
5. Once mixture is cooled, fold soft cream into the mascarpone mixture in two additions. Fold to combine. Allow mixture to chill in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours to set.
1. Slice carrot cake about an inch thick. Place it on a plate. Top with a dollop of mascarpone mousse.
*Optional: I like to serve it with medium diced fresh pineapple and mango.