Ingredients (Makes 12 rolled sandwiches)
- 1 package Hawaiian-style sweet rolls
- 12 oz. uncured ham, thinly sliced and roughly chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 3 slices colby jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice the entire sheet of rolls in half horizontally.
2. In a medium skillet, heat butter over medium heat until bubbling. Add the honey and stir to combine. Add ham and cook until the moisture released from the ham has evaporated and the ham begins to brown and caramelize, about 10 minutes.
3. Spread the mayonnaise onto the top half of the rolls and Dijon mustard on the bottom half. Layer the caramelized ham over the Dijon and season with freshly ground black pepper. Layer the cheese slices over the ham. Cover the ham and cheese with the top half of the rolls. Wrap in foil and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.