- 6 ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 egg scrambled in a bowl
- ½ cup all-purpose flour in a bowl with a pinch of S & P
- ½ cup of ground Captain Crunch Cereal in a bowl
- 1 cup of Vegetable Oil
- 1 bottle of Thai Sweet Chile Sauce
- salt and pepper
1. Take the Chicken breast and cut in half and each half into 6 equal pieces
2. Place the 12 chicken pieces in the flour and coat and then transfer to the egg bowl and coat well and then transfer to the cereal bowl and coat very well and then place on a plate.
3. Then take a 12 inch sauté pan and add the 1 cup of oil . Heat on medium flame till it starts to lightly smoke and then reduce to low flame.
NOTE: To test you can place a small piece of bread in the pan to see if it is hot enough.
Once the pan is hot, add all the chicken pieces and cook on each side for 2 minutes. Watch the temp of the oil and adjust heat as needed. This must be watched through the whole cooking process to avoid over cooking. When finished place on a paper towel to cool down till service time. Serve with the Thai Sweet Chile Sauce on the side.
You can serve this room temperature, so you can prepare early in the day and set your platters up 2 hours before guests arrive.