- 2 cups regular Cap'n Crunch
- 1 pound sushi grade tuna, in 2 rectangular blocks
- Peanut oil
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Kewpie Japanese mayonnaise (or 1⁄4 cup regular mayo & 1⁄2 teaspoon yellow mustard, combined)
- Sriracha to taste
- Green onions, chopped fine
1) If not using Kewpie mayo, mix mayo and mustard – set aside. Crush the Cap'n in a plastic bag until very fine and put on a plate.
2) Lightly oil all sides of tuna, season with salt and press down into the Cap'n making sure it's covered well on all sides.
3) Heat a non-stick pan really well then add a couple tablespoons of oil.
4) Add the tuna and sear quickly on all sides until golden brown (depending on hot your pan is, maybe 5-10 seconds a side) and remove.
5) Put a large dollop of the mayo on side of the serving plate, then spread out with the back of a spoon – then drizzle Sriracha over mayo.
6) Slice tuna into 1/2 inch pieces and place on the mayo and top with green onions. Just be sure to get some of everything in each bite.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page