BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN
1. Season chicken liberally with kosher salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and paprika.
2. Place chicken in medium bowl and pour buttermilk over chicken.
3. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and marinate in fridge overnight.
4. Add 1/2 cup canola oil to cast iron skillet and bring to medium high heat.
5. Remove chicken from buttermilk, and generously coat chicken on both sides with chicken dredge one piece at a time.
6. Shallow fry chicken 8 to 10 mins on each side until golden brown and internal temp of 165 degrees.
7. Set chicken aside on wire rack, to keep chicken crispy and drain oil.
1. Whisk all dry ingredients together in a medium sized bowl, set aside.
1. Add bourbon, and sugar in sauce pan, on medium high heat.
2. Whisk sugar into bourbon.
3. Once sugar is dissolved in bourbon, add maple syrup, and bring to a boil, the simmer.
4. Remove bourbon syrup and set aside.
CHEDDAR CHIVE WAFFLE
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking powder.
2. In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, milk, melted butter, and fold in cheese and chives lastly.
3. Add milk mixture into flour mixture, and mix together with a spatula, until well incorporated.
4. Heat Belgian waffle iron to medium heat.
5. Fill waffle iron with batter, being careful not to overfill, close the lid and cook waffle until steam stops, golden brown and cooked thru.
6. Place finished waffles on wire rack in oven, to keep crispy and warm.