Chef Vic Rallo prepares a trio of Italian tastes!
Basic ingredients for all three variations:
- 4 baguettes 2 cut on a bias in ½ inch slices
- 2 liters Paesano organic unfiltered olive oil (available at Whole Foods)
- Sea salt in grating mill
- Pepper grinder black pepper
- 10 jumbo cloves of garlic
- Pea tendril sprouts for plating
- Edible flowers for plating
Ingredients for Fava bean and pecorino with lemon zest:
- 20 fresh fava bean pods (remove beans from pod, boil for 2 -3 minutes and shell fava beans)
- ¼ pound of Pecorino Romano shaved with mandolin or microplan
- Zest of one lemon
- Fresh juice of one lemon
Ingredients for Vine Ripe Tomato, Basil and red onion:
- 6 jumbo tomatoes - 2 tomatoes cut into ¼ squares
- 1 bunch of basil 10 leaves julienne very fine (wet paper towel over the top)
- 4 red onions -1 chopped very fine
Ingredients for Braised leeks and Grana Padano:
- 2 large leeks – 1 leek cut off top the very green part approximately 4 inches.
- 8 ounces grated Grana Padano
- 1 wedge of Grana for display
- 1 cup of Italian white wine
Directions for Fava bean Bruschetta:
- Mix shelled fava beans, shaved Pecorino Romano with lemon zest. Add fresh ground salt and pepper, extra virgin olive oil and a splash of lemon juice to mixture.
- Grill bread and rub with garlic and drizzle extra virgin olive oil.
- Spoon the fava bean mixture onto bread.
Directions for Tomato Bruschetta:
- Mix tomato, onion, and bail. Add olive oil and fresh ground salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill or toast bread, rub with garlic and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Spoon the tomato mixture onto bread.
Directions for the Leeks Bruschetta:
- Clean leek and cut into one inch pieces. Pat dry with paper towel.
- In 10-inch sauté pan add 2 tablespoons of olive oil at medium heat. Add cut and cleaned leeks to sauté pan. Add ground black pepper and sauté until soft approximately 4-5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add 4 ounces grated Grana Padano cheese. Sauté until cheese is melted thru, adding white wine as needed to make leeks and Grana Padano creamy.
- Grill or toast bread rub with garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Immediately spoon leeks onto bread and serve.
Bruschetta Trio - Home & Family
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.