Ingredients for Cake
- 10.5 ounces AP Flour (~2 ¼ cup)
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Cloves
- 4 Eggs
- 8 ounces Granulated Sugar (~1 ¼ cup)
- 3.5 ounces Brown Sugar (~¾ cup)
- 1 ½ cup Brown Butter, 12 ounces (3 sticks, melted/browned)
- 10 ounces Shredded Carrot (~3 cups)
- 5 ounces Shredded Beet (~1 ½ cups)
- 1 cup Toasted Walnuts
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese, room temp
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Pinch Salt
- 3-5 tablespoons Milk/Water
Directions for Cake
1. Heat oven to 350
2. Grease 12 cup bundt pan.
3. Whisk flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cloves together in a bowl.
4. Whisk eggs, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl until sugars have dissolved and mixture is frothy. Continue to whisk while slowly drizzling in the brown butter until thoroughly combined and emulsified. Whisk in flour mixture until just incorporated.
5. Stir shredded carrots and beets into batter. Add walnuts and stir to combine.
6. Pour into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake 40-50 minutes, rotating pan halfway through.
7. Let cake cool for 10 minutes then flip it over onto wire rack and remove bundt pan from cake. Allow cake to cool completely on wire rack (about 2 hours) before frosting
Directions for Glaze
1. Beat cream cheese in stand mixer until fluffy.
2. Add powdered sugar, beat slowly to incorporate, then whip.
3. Add vanilla, whip
4. Add water tablespoon by tablespoon until desired consistency is reached.
5.Pour over cooled carrot bundt cake.