1. Prepare steel cut oats with chicken stock and salt according to package directions or in an instant-pot or similar pressure cooker on high pressure for 10 minutes.
2. While oats cook, prepare bacon in a large nonstick sauté pan over medium high heat until bacon is crisp but not over cooked. (About 8-10 more minutes). Use slotted spoon to remove bacon to a dish lined with a paper towel.
3. Add broccolini and mushrooms to bacon fat in pan and turn heat to high. Sauté for five minutes until nicely browned.
4. Add prepared oats to pan with fresh thyme, chili garlic sauce, ½ the scallions and ½ the Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine with silicone spatula
5. Divide mixture between 4 bowls. Top each bowl with poached or fried egg6. Garnish with remaining scallions and Parmesan cheese. Serve.
*Poached Eggs demystified
*4 eggs, out of shell, held individually in ramekins
1. In a medium sauce pan, half filled with water add enough salt to water so that it tastes seasoned but not overly salty. Bring to a boil.
2. Using a slotted spoon, stir water to create a whirlpool effect.
3. Add cracked egg and reduce heat to medium so water simmers. You can up to two eggs at a time but more than that can be a bit challenging.
4. Do not touch the egg for 1 minute to maintain the eggs structure. After 1 minute gently turn each egg over.
5. After 3 minutes, eggs are done with a nice runny middle. Serve immediately or transfer to ice water using the slotted spoon for up to 24 hours. This is the trick to servicing a crowd poached eggs. To reheat poached eggs, return to simmering water for 1 minute.