Ingredients for Avocado and Red Pesto Bowl
- 4 cups baby potatoes, quartered
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 poached or fried eggs
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1 cup marinated onions (recipe follows)
- 2 large California avocados, halved & pitted
- 1 cup red pesto (recipe follows)
Ingredients for Red Pesto
- 2 roasted red pepper
- 2 Tbsp. sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice of a lemon
- 1/8 cup walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. flat leaf parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Ingredients for Marinated Onions
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Squeeze of lime
Ingredients for Almond Coconut Granola Bowl
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups large unsweetened flake coconut
- 1/2 cup unpacked brown sugar
- 1/3 cup melted unrefined coconut oil or butter
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup cocoa nibs
- 1 beaten egg white
Directions for Avocado and Red Pesto Bowl
Prep time: 15 minutes
Inactive baking time: 35 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment and add potatoes, olive oil, and salt and pepper to the pan.
3. Gently toss to coat the potatoes with the oil, salt and pepper.
4. Bake 30-35 minutes. Bring 4 inches of water to a simmer and gently crack eggs into the simmering water. You can safely poach up to 3 eggs at a time.
5. Do not disturb the egg for 30 seconds. Do not allow water to boil.
6. Using a slotted spoon, gently move egg around to ensure even cooking. Ninety seconds produces a perfect poach.
7. To assemble the bowls, layer lettuce, potatoes, 2 poached eggs, red pesto and an avocado half topped with marinated onions in each bowl.
8. Sprinkle flaky salt on top of each bowl and enjoy!
Directions for Red Pesto
1. Pulse all ingredients until finely chopped, then add the olive oil. Mix gently. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Directions for Marinated Onions
1. Add all ingredients to a bowl and allow to marinate for 2 hours before use. These are best eaten within 48 hours. Store in the fridge.
Directions for Almond Coconut Granola Bowl
Makes 6 cups of granola
Roughly 18 servings
Prep time 10 minutes
Bake time 30 minutes
Inactive time 45-60 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. In a bowl, mix all ingredients except egg white.
2. Once granola is mixed well add beaten egg white as a binder.
3. Spread onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake until granola begins to pick up a lovely, golden color, about 25-30 minutes.
4. Once granola is finished baking, allow to cool completely before breaking it up into clumps. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
5. Serve with plain Greek yogurt, fresh fruit, and a drizzle of honey. Perfect power breakfast all week long!