- Young Carrots
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced (about 1 cup)
- 5 medium garlic cloves, minced or pressed (about 5 teaspoons)
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds kale leaves chopped into 3-inch pieces and rinsed (about 4 loosely packed cups)
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- Table salt
- 2-3 teaspoons juice from 1 lemon
- Ground black pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in sauté pan over medium heat until shimmering
- Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent, 4 to 5 minutes
- Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute
- Add half of the greens and stir until beginning to wilt, about 1 minute
- Add remaining greens, broth, water and 1/4 teaspoon salt; quickly cover pot and reduce heat to medium-low
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until greens are tender, 25 to 30 minutes
- Add Carrots in the remaining 10 minutes, Al dente
- Remove lid and increase broth heat to medium-high.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has evaporated (bottom of pot will be almost dry and greens will begin to drizzle), 8 to 12 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat; stir in 2 teaspoons lemon juice and remaining tablespoon olive oil.
- Season with salt, pepper and remaining teaspoon lemon juice. Serve.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.