- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts (or both!)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 can (14 ounces) full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons torn fresh cilantro
- Rice, for serving (optional)
- Sliced sourdough bread, for serving (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Season the chicken with the salt and black pepper.
2. In a large ovenproof skillet, melt the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear on both sides until deeply golden brown. Transfer to a plate.
3. Reduce the heat to medium low. Add the bell pepper, leek, garlic, and ginger. Stir to combine. Cook for 2 minutes, or until slightly softened.
4. Stir in the curry paste. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Slowly pour in the coconut milk while stirring to combine. Return the chicken to the skillet.
5. Place the skillet in the oven and cook for 25 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion of the chicken registers 165°F and the juices run clear. Top with the cilantro. Serve with rice and fresh sourdough bread for mopping up the sauce, if desired.