Brad Miller makes the most of Fall with his Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with feta, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and cilantro vinaigrette.
Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Feta
Serves 4 - 6
- 1 large butternut squash (seasoned diced roasted)
- ½ cup cilantro vinaigrette (however much you like on the salad)
- ½ cup toasted salted sunflower seeds
- ½ cup feta crumbles (rinsed)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ c cilantro chiffonade (sliced)
- 6 cups loosely packed arugula
- 6 cups loosely packed mixed greens
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- Season with salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 small strip of jalapeño pepper (seeds and ribs removed), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 1 large squash
- Make sure the squash is slightly warm or room temp. Combine all ingredients and toss with desired amount of cilantro vinaigrette.
CILANTRO VINAIGRETTE DIRECTIONS
- Combine the ingredients in a blender except avocado oil. Blend together while slowly drizzling in avocado oil. This dressing can be a little broken. Shake in a container with lid or whisk before serving.
ROASTED SQUASH DIRECTIONS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees f. Peel your squash with a vegetable peeler. Once peeled cut in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Proceed to cut the squash into medium size cubes.
- Toss the butternut squash with olive oil, fresh thyme, salt and black pepper. Arrange coated squash on a baking sheet evenly. Roast in the preheated oven until squash is tender and lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes