Ingredients for Poached Shrimp Shooters
- 12 shrimp
- ½ cup of White Wine
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Pinch of Chili Flake
- 1 tbsp. Salt
- Juice of 2 Lemons
Ingredients for Bloody Mary Mix
- 13 fl oz. Tomato Juice
- 2 fl oz. Cholula – Hot Sauce
- 1.25 fl oz. Tabasco Sauce
- 2 fl oz. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 fl oz. Prepared Horse Radish
- 1 fl oz. Lime Juice
- 4 fl oz. Pickle Juice
- ½ tbsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tbsp. Celery Salt
- ½ tbsp. Black Pepper
Ingredients for Aarancini with Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 cup Abario Rice
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 3 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp. Shallots – Minced
- 2 tbsp. White Wine
- 2 tbsp. Chives
- ¼ cup or a bit less Pepper Jack Cheese
- Salt to Taste
Directions for Poached Shrimp Shooters
1. Peel and clean shrimp – take out back line with paring knife.
2. Reduce ½ cup of white wine, and add 2 cloves of garlic, pinch chili flake, 1 tbsp. salt, and
juice of 2 lemons.
3. Add Water.
4. Bring to a simmer.
5. Add shrimp – not frozen.
6. Turn off heat.
7. Allow to slowly cook – when they start to curl place into ice water.
Directions for Bloody Mary Mix
1. Mix all the ingredients for the Bloody Mary
2. Place into a shaker with ice, shake vigorously
3. Add shrimp to shot glasses
4. Poor mix over
5. Grate fresh horse radish over
6. Drizzle a bit of olive oil
Directions for Arancini
1. Place oil, shallots and rice into a pan.
2. Start to cook on medium heat – the rice should start to become a bit see through and pop a bit.
3. Add white wine and reduce.
4. Slowly add the chicken stock and stir, each time bringing it to a boil.
5. Once creamy and cooked, remove from the beat.
7. Add cheese and chives.
8. Allow cooling.
9. The next day, roll into bit sized balls.
10. Bread with flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
11. Fry at 350 F until golden brown and cooked all the way through.
Place on tray, and shave Parmesan cheese over.