- 2 firm, yet ripe peaches approx. $3
- 2 ears of corn approx. $1
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (pantry staple)
- 5 ounces or 1 package organic arugula ($4.30)
- 1 bulb fennel (shaved thin w mandoline) ($1.89)
- 2 Tablespoons shaved parmesan (see below)
- 1 lemon, reserve ½ teaspoon zest ($.50)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- good pinch of salt and lots of cracked pepper
- Preheat grill or grill pan.
- Slice peaches in half and brush with olive oil. Season with salt and lots of pepper.
- Shuck corn and brush with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill peaches for 5 minutes, or until charred on outside. Slice each half into 4-6 slices. Set aside.
- At the same time grill corn for about 10-15 minutes, or until colored.
- When the corn is cooked, cut the kernels off the cob and place into a large bowl.
- Add the arugula, sliced fennel, the juice of one lemon, and ½ teaspoon of zest, olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper and mix until combined.
- Next add sliced peaches, and shaved parmesan. Gentle fold. Top with a few more slices or parmesan cheese.
- Season with lots of black pepper.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.