Cristina’s daughter Alex stops by with a fresh summer salad featuring peaches!
- 2 firm, yet ripe peaches approx. $3
- 2 ears of corn approx. $1
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (pantry staple)
- 5 ounces or 1 package organic arugula ($4.30)
- 1 bulb fennel (shaved thin w mandoline) ($1.89)
- 2 Tablespoons shaved parmesan (see below)
- 1 lemon, reserve ½ teaspoon zest ($.50)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- good pinch of salt and lots of cracked pepper
Preheat grill or grill pan.
Slice peaches in half and brush with olive oil. Season with salt and lots of pepper.
Shuck corn and brush with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Grill peaches for 5 minutes, or until charred on outside. Slice each half into 4-6 slices. Set aside.
At the same time grill corn for about 10-15 minutes, or until colored.
When the corn is cooked, cut the kernels off the cob and place into a large bowl.
Add the arugula, sliced fennel, the juice of one lemon, and ½ teaspoon of zest, olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper and mix until combined.
Next add sliced peaches, and shaved parmesan. Gentle fold. Top with a few more slices or parmesan cheese.
Season with lots of black pepper.
Return to Episode Guide >>
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.