Ingredients for Cookie
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons whole milk, at room temperature
Ingredients for Glaze
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 ½ to 3 tablespoons water, plus 1 teaspoon
- 2 ½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
Makes: About 14 (3 ½”) cookies
Prep: 1 Hour
Bake: 11-13 Minutes
1. Place a rack in the center of the oven, and preheat the oven to 350˚ F Degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Place the soft butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until the mixture is light and fluffy, 2 minutes. Beat in the vanilla. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
3. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Add this mixture to the butter and sugar mixture alternately with milk, blending just until combined and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
4. Dollop 14 equal portions of batter onto the prepared baking pans. Using the back of a spoon, shape the dough into rounds. Place one pan in the oven.
5. Bake the cakes until they spring back to the touch but there is no browning around the edges, 11 to 13 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven. Gently pull the parchment sheet off the pan and slide it onto a wire rack to cool. Repeat with the second pan of cookies.