Ingredients for Berry Top
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups from raspberries
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh cranberries
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream, room temperature
- Confectioner’s sugar for dusting
Ingredients for Cake
- 1 1⁄2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 3⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
Ingredients for Swirl
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam, melted
- 3-4 drops red food coloring
Directions for the Top
1. Preheat your oven 325 F Prepare a 12-cup Bundt pan with the nonstick method of
2. Add the melted butter to bottom of the bundt pan. Cover the butter with 3⁄4 cup of the brown sugar and the cinnamon.
3. Evenly spread the raspberries and cranberries over the brown sugar, covering the
entire area. Carefully pat down the berries inside the pan.
4. Cover the berries with the remaining 1⁄4 cup of brown sugar. Set aside.
Directions for the Cake
1. In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, add the butter and beat on high speed for 1 minute. Slowly add the granulated sugar. Cream together for an additional 5 minutes, until very pale yellow and fluffy. Add the eggs 1 at a time combining well after each addition and scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
2) In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, and salt. Turn your mixer down to its lowest speed and slowly add the flour mixture in 2 batches. Be careful not to over beat. Add the sour cream and vanilla extract. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl and mix the batter until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
Directions for the Swirl
1) Remove 1 cup of the batter from the mixing bowl and add it to a separate small
2) Stir in the melted raspberry jam and red food coloring and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
Directions to Assemble
1) Evenly pour 1/3 of the plain batter into the bundt pan over the berries. Add 1⁄2 of the swirl batter on top. Add another 1/3 of the plain batter and the remaining swirl batter on top. Then add the remaining 1/3 of the plain batter on top.
2) Bake for 1 hour and 15 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the top of cake comes out clean.
3) Remove the cake fro the oven. Let cool for only 5 to 7 minutes, then carefully invert the cake onto a wire rack to finish cooling. If any berries stick to pan carefully use a butter knife to remove them and place them back on top of the cake. Lightly cover the cake with foil or plastic wrap so it does not dry out.
4) If using garnish with a small sprinkling of confectioners’ sugar. Serve at room temperature.
Return to the Episode Guide >>
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page