- Cooking Spray
- 1 refrigerated piecrust at room temperature
- One 21-ounce can mixed berry pie filling (or 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen berries)
- One 21-ounce can cherry pie filling
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat your oven to 350F. Lightly spray a 9-inch-diameter pie plate with cooking spray. Drape the pie crust over the pie plate and gently press the crust into the plate. Crimp or tuck in the piecrust edges and fill the crust with both pie fillings, using a spoon to gently mix them together in the crust. Set aside.
2. Whisk together the sugars, flour, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Cut in the butter, using two forks or a pastry cutter, until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the milk and beaten egg and gently mix to combine. Do not overmix, as this leads to a tough cobbler topping; the mixture should just barely come together.
3. Drop heaping spoonfuls of the cobbler mixture evenly over the pie. Bake for 5- to 65 mins, until bubbly. You may need to tent the top of the pie with the halfway mark. Remove the pie from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Get more information about this episode >>
Check out more delicious recipes on the Home & Family Pinterest Page