Directions for Torta
1. Fry the beet milanesa at 350 degrees until golden brown then season with kosher salt when it comes out of the fryer.
2. Cut telera in half and toast on an oiled griddle until golden brown.
3. Spread mayo on both sides of the bread.
4. Add the escabeche, then lettuce to finish the sandwich.
Directions for Rub
1. Put beets in a large pot along with vinegar and enough water to cover them by 2 inches.
2. Bring the beets to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Cook until fork tender.
3. Remove the cooked beets from the water and allow to cool.
4. Peel the beets then slice into ½” thick slices. Reserve for breading.
Directions for Spiced Flour Mix
1. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
2. Whisk until fully incorporated.
DIrections for Breading
1. Coat the cooked beets well in the spiced flour mixture.
2. Remove from the flour mixture shaking off any excess then transfer to the cracked eggs.
3. Remove from the egg wash shaking off any excess then transfer to the panko.
4. Pack the panko on as firmly as possible.
5. Put in the refrigerator and reserve until you are ready to fry.
Directions for Escabeche
1. Begin by sweating serrano chilies until lightly blistered.
2. Add carrots, continue sweating.
3. Add garlic, continue sweating.
4. Add onions, continue sweating.
5. Combine remaining ingredients and simmer until carrots are tender but not too soft.
6. Cool down.