Ingredients for Soufflé
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste (or extract)
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (at room temp)
Ingredients for Berry Sauce
- 6 ounces blackberries
- 3 ounces raspberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Preheat the oven to 400F.
1. Mash the bananas with the vanilla in a bowl, then add the maple syrup and mix well.
2. Separate the eggs and, using an electric mixer, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Add the yolks to the banana mix and stir well. Gently fold the two mixtures together and divide between four to six silicone ramekin dishes (if not using silicone, oil very lightly).
3. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes until well risen. Serve immediately.
Place the blackberries and raspberries in a saucepan with 1 tablespoon water and add the maple syrup. Bring to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes, then turn down the heat and let simmer and reduce for 3 minutes.