Ingredients for Balsamic Garlic Popcorn
- 1 cup Corn Kernels
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced (1 tablespoon)
- 3 tablespoons Safflower Oil
- ½ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 ½ -2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- Black Pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS FOR BALSAMIC GARLIC POPCORN:
- Pour the corn kernels, minced garlic, and oil in the bottom of a large stockpot.
- Cover the pot with a lid, and put it over high heat.
- When you hear the first few kernels popping, grab the pot and gently shake it back and forth over the heat (about 3-4 inches above the burner). This keeps the corn from burning.
- When there is about 2 seconds of space in between popping sounds, you know you’ve popped nearly every kernel in the pot. Turn off the heat and remove the lid carefully, there will be a cloud of steam.
DIRECTIONS FOR COCOA PUFF POPCORN
- 1 cup of popcorn kernels popped however you want (though if using oil, take note that the final preparation here is sweet and use a neutral oil or a sweet oil like coconut)
- Blend cocoa powder and powdered sugar in a ratio of 3:1 (perhaps 5 tbs cocoa powder, 2 tbs powdered sugar).
- Sprinkle and toss cocoa mixture over corn, then drizzle 1/4-1/3 cup melted butter over the corn (continuing to toss and stir).
DIRECTIONS FOR CHILI-LIME POPCORN
- 1 cup popcorn kernels popped (air popped or in a stock pot with a bit of oil) Toss the popped corn with zest of 2 limes, 1-2 tablespoons chili powder blend, 1/4-1/3 cup melted chicken fat, and 1 teaspoon salt.
Get more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page
Check out more from Dan Kohler at RenegadeKitchen.com