Ingredients for Baked Potatoes
- 4 russet potatoes (about 2½ pounds), scrubbed
- Olive oil (for rubbing)
- Flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Various garnishes
Orly Shani's Ingredients
- Chili sauteed chickpeas (recipe below)
- Tehine (recipe below)
- Pickled Turnips (purchase)
Ingredients for Orly's Chili Chickpeas
- 2 15-ounce Cans Chickpeas, rinsed and patted dry
- 4 Garlic Cloves, smashed
- ⅓ cup Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt, Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Chili Paste (any brand, your favorite)
- 1 teaspoon Ground Sumac
Ingredients for Orly's Tehine
- 3 cloves Garlic
- ⅓ cup Lemon Juice
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup Tahini
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ⅓-⅔ cup Ice Water
Ken Wingard's Ingredients
- Sweet Potato
- Cooked Bacon
- Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
Debbie Matenopoulos's Ingredients
- Black Beans
- Sour cream
- Pico de gallo
- Jack Cheese
Ingredients for Debbbie's Black Beans
- 2 15-ounce cans Black Beans, drained
- 1 large Jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 2 tablespoons Lard, or Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Directions for Baked Potato Bar
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Prick potatoes all over with a fork and rub with oil; season generously with salt and pepper.
2. Place potatoes directly on an oven rack and roast over a sheet tray until very soft when squeezed and skin is crisp, 60–75 minutes.
3. Cut open each potato; season with salt and pepper and top with various garnishes.
Directions for Orly's Chickpeas
1. Heat large skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add oil and garlic, saute for 1-2 minutes, until garlic cloves take on just a touch of color.
2. Add chickpeas, season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until chickpeas are somewhat browned and have begun to split open, 10-15 minutes.
3. Add chili paste and sumac, stir to combine, then remove pot from heat.
Directions for Orly's Tehine
1. Add garlic, lemon juice, and some salt to mini food processor, pulse until combined.
2. Add tahini and cumin to food processor, blend until thick paste forms.
3. While the blade is spinning, drizzle ice water into food processor (or add a splash at a time by removing and replacing the lid). Continue to blend until the sauce is smooth, it should emulsify and become creamy.
4. Season with salt to taste.
Directions for Ken's Baked Potato
1. Bake potato, remove from oven and cut open.
2. Scoop out interior, mix with gorgonzola and salt to taste.
3. Add potato mixture back into skins.
4. Top with cooked bacon.
5. Garnish with minced chives and pumpkin seeds.
Directions for Debbie's Baked Potato
1. Heat pan over medium-high heat. Add lard or oil, and when shimmering toss in garlic, jalapeno, and cumin. Fry for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
2. Add beans to pot, stir to combine, and cook until heated through (5-10 minutes).