- Olive oil - extra virgin, of course!
- 3 large shallots, diced - about a cup
- 4 garlic cloves, minced - I always use more!
- salt and pepper
- 2 pounds large ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes - I use more.
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 oz. Greek feta cheese, crumbled - I use at least 6 oz.
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano - I use lots more
- 2 tbsp. roughly chopped mint
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Core and peel the tomatoes.
Cut into wedges.
In a wide skillet, sautee garlic and shallots in oil, adding salt and pepper - about 6-8 minutes.
Add tomato wedges, s. and p. and red pepper flakes, and cook gently, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes have softened slightly - about 10 minutes.
Transfer the above to a shallow earthenware baking dish
In a bowl, mix the shrimp with a tbsp. of olive oil, s. and p. and then arrange in a single layer on top of the tomatoes. Sprinkle the feta over this and the oregano over the feta.
Bake 10-12 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned and bubbling.
Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
Serves up to 6.
For more delicious recipes visit the Home & Family Pinterest Page