Executive chef of Amada, Jose Garces, is making this popular tapa that makes a total of 8 skewers.
- Applewood Smoked Bacon, sliced thinly 1#
- Pitted Medjool Dates, 24 pieces
- Marcona Almonds, 24 pieces (approximately 2 cups)
- Pearl Onions, 24 pieces, blanched in boiling water until just tender
- Butter, 2 Tablespoons
- AP Flour, 2 Tablespoons
- Whole Milk, 1 Cup
- Cabrales Blue Cheese, 1 Cup
- Melt the butter in a small nonreactive saucepan over low heat and whisk in the flour
- Cook, stirring constantly, until it no longer tastes of raw flour, (2 to 3 minutes)
- Slowly whisk in the milk and cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until it thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes
- Place Bechamel in a blender with Blue Cheese and blend until smooth
- Keep warm
TO FINISH THE SKEWERS
- Flat Leaf Parsley, finely chopped 1 Tablespoons
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 Tablespoons
- Watercress, ½ Cup
- Cabrales blue cheese, crumbled, ¼ cup
- Heat deep fryer to 350 degrees.
- Fry the skewers until the bacon is golden brown and crispy (approx. 3 minutes).
- Serve with Cabrales Blue Cheese Sauce and Garnish with Chopped Parsley and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Get more information about this episode >>